Eagle Radio {%endif%}

Eagle Radio



Teenager arrested after burglaries at Aldershot Town

3 minute read
Teenager arrested after burglaries at Aldershot Town

Published at 5:02pm 23rd April 2019. (Updated at 5:41pm 23rd April 2019)

A 17-year-old boy from Aldershot has been arrested after two burglaries at the town's football club.

Hampshire Constabulary said enquiries remain ongoing and that the boy has been released from custody but remains under investigation.

Across the two incidents at the EBB Stadium it's estimated the cost of goods taken and damage caused is in the region of £15,000.

The first happened overnight on April 11 when the South Stand was broken into. A framed football shirt was stolen along with some TVs and a microphone.

Then on the morning of the club's home match with Hartlepool United on April 13, the stadium was again broken into between 2am and 4am. Extensive damage was caused inside the club and a high value camera was stolen.

Club chairman Shahid Azeem confirmed the incident in the club's matchday programme ahead of their game against Havant and Waterlooville on Monday.

In his programme notes he said:

“If the visit of Hartlepool United and our subsequent relegation couldn’t have been bleak enough, we had a major break-in at the EBB Stadium on the Saturday morning where a number of items were stolen in addition to the vandals damaging the South Stand, High Street Portakabin and EBB Lounge, including the Board Room.

“Bob Green and the Police were at the club at 4:15AM, later joined by myself at 5:15AM but the forensic team did not arrive until 9:15AM, bearing in mind the EBB and ELM Patrons Lounge were sold-out for the impending match in the afternoon.

“The fact the volunteers cleared up broken windows, shutters, TVs, fridges, broken bottles and cleared every area and we were fully functioning within 90 minutes is a testament to their superb commitment and dedication to our Club.”

Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to contact police on 101, quoting 44190127480.

Meanwhile over the Easter weekend it's believed a group entered Farnham Town's Memorial Ground in Mead Lane and the club confirmed kit and footballs were taken from the changing rooms and stadium's storage facilities.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.


Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Eagle Radio platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.