Eagle Radio {%endif%}

Eagle Radio

www.eagleradio.co.uk

{%endif%}
Visit Absolute Aesthetics website to find out more
Visit Absolute Aesthetics website to find out more

Travellers still at Send, Weybridge and Cobham

3 minute read
Travellers still at Send, Weybridge and Cobham

Published at 12:45pm 31st July 2017.

Travellers continue to remain at Send Recreation Ground after pitching up last week.

A group of around 30 turned up on Thursday night.

Parish Council clerk Debbie Hurdle told Eagle today that at one point over the weekend, more caravans turned up - bringing the total number up to around 50.

The travellers are still there, despite being served with a Notice to Leave.

The Council is now applying to the courts for possession.

A statement on the Send Parish Council's Facebook page said: "The trespassers on the Recreation Ground failed to comply with the Notice to Leave by 9am today, 31 July 2017. The council will now take the following steps:

"The Council will apply to the courts for possession and a summons will be served on the individual(s) to attend court.

"If the courts grant an order to remove the encampment, the individual(s) will be served with notice of this.

"If the individuals remain on site after being served the order to remove, the Council will engage bailiffs to undertake an eviction."

Travellers also remain in Weybridge and Cobham.

With regard to the encampment at Brooklands Community Park, Elmbridge Borough Council said they have today been granted an Order for Possession of Land from Guildford Magistrates Court.

The Council said it will evict them if they do not leave after being served with Order.

A statement on its website said: "If the travellers fail to leave, after having been served with this Order, the Council will be instructing bailiffs forthwith to effect the eviction by the close of the day today, Monday 31 July.

"A full clear up of the site will be scheduled for as soon as the site is secured, in the meantime addition litter clearance has been arranged."

Elmbridge Borough Council also said they have been granted a hearing date for tomorrow (August 1) regarding travellers at the Leg of Mutton open space in Cobham.

A statement on its website said: "The Council has been granted a hearing date for Tuesday 1st August 2017 by Guildford Magistrates Court who will hear the Council’s application for an order for removal of persons and their vehicles unlawfully on land at Leg Of Mutton Open Space, Cobham.

"Following a successful application, the travellers will be served with a removal order which will authorise the Council (and agents contracted on the Council’s behalf) to remove them from the land.

"Should the travellers decide not to leave voluntarily, action will be taken to remove the travellers from the land as soon as possible.

"Further information will be available after the hearing.

A full clear up of the site will be scheduled for as soon as the site is secured."

 

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Eagle Radio platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.