Eagle Radio

Eagle Radio

www.eagleradio.co.uk

Visit the 1st Gear website
Visit the 1st Gear website

WATCH: E-cigarettes explode on Hampshire barmaid

2 minute read
WATCH: E-cigarettes explode on Hampshire barmaid

Published at 8:44pm 16th May 2017. (Updated at 8:46pm 16th May 2017)

CCTV footage has caught the moment a ball of fire narrowly missed a barmaid's head in Hampshire.

18-year-old Laura Baty was serving when she heard a massive bang and saw fire coming towards her.

An e-cigarette exploded and wrecked her dress.

Before she had time to think she felt the heat on her arm and started running away.

She said: "I was about to give somebody their change and I heard the bang.

"I could see the fire coming at me and I felt the heat as I ran away.

"I started crying hysterically and my arm was all black. My dress caught on fire as I ran away and I just didn't know what was happening.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue have released the video as reminder that batteries for e-cigarettes can explode if not properly stored.

In a post on their Facebook Page, they said: "Make sure that you buy all your electrical goods from reputable sellers and that you use correct charger for each item."

Watch the moment for yourself below.

 

 

Contact Us

If you would like to submit a query or provide more information on this story please get in touch below.

Please wait...
  • Up to 3 JPG or PNG images, 2MB max size
  • We will always endeavour to credit you when we publish your pictures.
  • By uploading you are agreeing to this non-exclusive reuse, royalty-free, across all Eagle Radio platforms, which extends to our partner broadcasters.
  • You retain copyright to all images.
  • If you would like to send us a video, please upload to YouTube or similar and paste the video URL into the message above.